Pretty promising for a demo, a few thing would have made it a good one:
- Outdoor lighting works but static lighting indoors doesn't, dynamic lighting with candles and oil lamps would work better
- I can live with keyboard WASD controls but why must I press J to get description and then K to move forward? Makes no sense.
- I get the feeling that the cottage is someplace remote and very primitive with outhouse and all. But the kitchen sort of stands out with a lot of electrical appliances and running water. Weird in a place where only other electrical thing seen is sound recorder which in my mind runs on batteries. (You don`t see any lamps either which is also odd because light is constant even in basement...)
- If you put a chainsaw in a horror game I should be able to pick it up. (It could be out of fuel.) By rights character should be chopping his hand off at this point :)
- Paintings and photos are spooky, why can't I get a close ups of them?
- I get matches but can't use them on fireplace or a camp fire. Why? I want to be a firestarter.
- Minor glitch: When you take a book page, leave the room and come back and interact with the same point you find the same page the second time. (Doesn't affect the gameplay but affects the mood...)
- If I have an Axe I should be able to try to kill monsters!
- Why do the candles just appear, why can't the be there already, even if inactive? Always hated things that just show up.
- BIGGEST PROBLEM: I get a intriguing book and make an effort to gather missing pages. And what do I do then? I wanna go to bed! No Way! Why can't I read the bloody thing? Furthermore, it would be more rewarding if I learned the way to destroy the monster from the book, not some dream apparition.
All in all, still a good show for so little development time, hope you guys continue to make this a great game!